Sunday, April 27, 2014

4.27.14


Good morning Phoenix! Hope you have a delightful Sunday planned. I'm sure I will.... *weg*
Pop Culture Trivia for April 27, 2014
1983: Pitcher Nolan Ryan surpassed Walter Johnson’s strikeout record—one that had held since 1927.
1987: Austrian president Kurt Waldheim was barred from entering the United States. He was accused of aiding in the execution of thousands of Jews in World War II.
1993: Eritrea declared itself independent.
Joke of the Day:
A man in the grocery store notices a woman with a three-year-old girl in her cart. As they pass the cookie section, the little girl screams for cookies. The mother says, "Now Missy, we only have a few more aisles to go -- don't throw a fit. It won't be long."
In the candy aisle, the little girl whines for candy. The mother says, "There, there, Missy, don't cry. Two more aisles and we'll be checking out."
When they get to the checkout stand, the little girl howls for the gum. The mother says, reassuringly, "Missy, we'll be done in five minutes, and then you can go home and have a bottle and a nice snooze."
In the parking lot, the man stops the woman to compliment her. "I couldn't help noticing how patient you were with little Missy," he says.
The mother sighs, "Oh, no -- my little girl's name is Francine. I'm Missy."
Quote of the Day:
Today I beat my personal best for "most days alive". Doin' it again tomorrow, I hope! Anonymous
Random Daily Factoid:
When the moon is closest the Earth it's at its Perigee. Peri comes from Greek meaning "close." Gee is from Gaega for "earth." The opposite of Perigee is Apogee, meaning farther point from Earth.
Enjoy today's prank - this one could be a lot of fun!
Have a fangtastic Sinful Sunday my friends!  Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment