Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6.10.14


Good morning Phoenix! We all survived Monday… I think. As Cathy is so graciously giving us a daily countdown (thank you!!), here's today's dose of trivia and advice for Mathias. Listen up buddy!
The groom carries the bride across the threshold to bravely protect her from evil spirits lurking below.
Stag parties were first held by ancient Spartan soldiers, who kissed their bachelor days goodbye with a raucous party. (Better invite us!)
In Afghanistan, a man who wanted to marry a woman would cut off a lock of her hair or throw a sheet over her and proclaim her his bride.
In Bali, a bride holds a cloth in front of the groom, who strikes it through with a dagger, in a display of obvious symbolism.
Joke of the Day:
One Sunday morning, Satan appeared before a small town congregation. Everyone started screaming and running for the front church door, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away.
Soon, everyone was gone, except for an elderly gentleman who sat calmly. Satan walked up to the man and said, "Don't you know who I am?"
The man replied, "Yep, sure do."
Satan asked, "Aren't you going to run?"
"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.
Perturbed, Satan asked, "Why aren't you afraid of me?"
The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for over 48 years."
Quote of the Day:
I looked into my wallet and it was empty, I looked through all my pockets and they were all empty, then I looked into my heart and I found you, and only then I figured out how rich I was.
Random Daily Factoid:
Gardening is said to be one of the best exercises for maintaining healthy bones.
Beautiful Getaway Spot:
San Francisco is a popular tourist destination, known for its cool summers, fog, steep rolling hills, eclectic architecture, and landmarks including the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, Alcatraz, and Chinatown. It is also the headquarters of major companies such as Yelp, Pinterest, Twitter, Mozilla, and Craigslist. There is plenty to see and do.
Have a fangtastic day!  Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment