Thursday, June 26, 2014

6.26.14


Good morning and Happy Thursday Phoenix! We're another day closer to finding out more about Mathias and his soon to be mate. Are you excited?
Diamonds set in gold or silver became popular as betrothal rings among wealthy Venetians toward the end of the fifteenth century.
Over 74% of first-time brides receive a diamond engagement ring, with the diamond (first discovered in India over 2,000 years ago) symbolizing pure and eternal love. The Greeks thought diamonds (adamas) were tears of the gods, and the Romans thought diamas or diamonds were splinters from heavenly stars.
In States where no blood tests or physical exams are required, failing to tell your prospective spouse that you have a venereal disease or a physical impairment (such as impotence or infertility) can void the marriage.
Joke of the Day:
Two guys show up in Heaven at the same time. The first guy says he froze to death, and the second guy tells him that he died of a heart attack.
"How did that happen?" asks the first guy.
"Well, I came home and thought I heard my wife with another man. But when I searched the house, I couldn't find anybody. I was so stricken with remorse for wrongly accusing my wife of infidelity, I had a heart attack and died on the spot."
"Geez," says the first guy. "If you'd opened the fridge, we'd both be alive right now."
Quote of the Day:
I think I'm starting to have a problem with my vision, ever since I got married I haven't seen any money through the entire house.
Random Daily Factoid:
One in every four Americans has appeared on TV.
Great Place for a Getaway:
Book a stay at the Library Hotel
Bookworms, take note: If you always wanted to spend the night in a library, this may be as close a chance as you’ll get. The 14-year-old Library Hotel in midtown Manhattan is inspired not just by the nearby New York Public Library, but also by the Dewey Decimal System itself.
Each guest room comes stocked with books based on the topic of that floor, like fairy tales, oceanography, or classic fiction. Along with niceties like free continental breakfast and a wine and cheese hour, the hotel boasts 6,000 hardbound books located around the hotel.
And on a final note, a very Happy Birthday to our own Mary Baker ! Have a fangtastic day sweetie!
To the rest of you - a very fangtastic day to you as well.  Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment