Thursday, June 19, 2014

6.19.14

Good Morning Phoenix! We're another day closer to the weekend, and to Mat's book. I'm sure our local reporter will be along soon with an update, so until then, here's some trivia for you.
Wedding Trivia:
On her wedding day, Grace Kelly wore a dress with a bodice made from beautiful 125-year-old lace.
Of course, Jackie Kennedy's bridesmaids were far from frumpy. She chose pink silk faille and red satin gowns created by African-American designer Ann Lowe (also the creator of Jackie's dress).
Bedouin girls will often begin to sew their wedding dresses when they turn nine years old and so that they will finish their gown before they marry at the age of fourteen or fifteen.
In many countries, a yellow wedding dress has traditionally been seen as a sign of a wife’s intention to cheat on her husband or of jealousy.
Oriental wedding dresses often display embroidered cranes, which are symbols of life-long fidelity. At Japanese weddings, the presence of 1001 white paper origami cranes is considered good luck.
Joke of the Day:
A man phones home from the office and tells his wife, "Something has just come up. I need to go fishing with the boss for the weekend. We leave right away, so can you pack my clothes, my fishing equipment, and my blue silk pajamas? I'll be home in an hour to pick them up."
He hurries home, grabs everything and rushes off.
Sunday night, he returns. His wife asks, "Did you have a good trip?"
"Oh yes, great! I think I really impressed the boss. But you forgot to pack my blue silk pajamas."
"Oh, no I didn't. I put them in your tackle box."
Quote of the Day:
After a while, I eventually fell in love and there was nobody to pick me up.
Random Daily Factoid:
In America, T.V. soap opera weddings attract more viewers than a presidential address.
Great Place for a Getaway:
The Resort at Paws Up – Greenough, Montana
Located in Greenough (30 miles east of Missoula), Paws Up has 24 luxury canvas tents in four camps, each with a dining pavilion (huckleberry pancakes for breakfast; barbecue-brisket sandwiches and sweet-potato fries for lunch). After your "camping butler" delivers freshly brewed coffee, spend the day exploring the Montana wilderness via horseback riding, fly-fishing, hot-air ballooning or hiking -- you can even live out your Wild West fantasies by joining ranch hands for a rootin'-tootin' cattle drive. On your return, your butler will pop open a bottle of wine so you can toast to a job well done.
Have a fangtastic day everyone!  Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment